Girlfriends Fall Getaway Weekend
The Girlfriend's Fall Getaway Weekend
"You'll Wish it Could be this Way Every Day"
2015 Dates: October 16-18, 2015
Hosted by Amish Acres and its Inns
October 17-19, 2014
(This event has not been updated for 2015)
A new discovery awaits girl friends who live close enough to have never experienced Nappanee and Amish Acres Hospitality and an old friend awaits those who have. No kids, no husbands, no pets, no cooking, no laundry, no list, just girlfriends together for a weekend away from it all.
Three days of planned events, shopping, exploring, dining, learning, performances, socializing and pampered attention, all to explore and enjoy at your own pace. The weekend includes Discounts, Special Offers, and from over thirty Downtown Countryside Shops, many are multigenerational shops and include Amish entrepreneurs.
The weekend includes two nights Lodging, Threshers Dinner, Theme Buffet, Entertainment, Two Breakfasts, One Lunch, and Wine Tasting, Milk & Cookies, Seminars, Shopping discounts, Door prizes, Shopping Tote filled with coupons and goodies and more.
What Girlfriends say about their Getaway Weekend
- " Both days were great with a variety of activities and great food (Thanks Ruth!) Thanks to all staff for their kindness and smiles"
- "The food was fabulous throughout the weekend"
- "A wonderful day filled with fun activities that could be done despite the rain. The merchants really were great and what a great way to showcase your town"
- " Loved the gift bags! really great value for the price of the weekend"
- "Had a great time well organized"
- "Friday the play was exceptional and talking with the actors before the play was very personable. The price for the package was great! It was well-worth the 3 hour drive and will spread the word when we get home"
- "Friday was the best, Good weather, lots of shopping, wonderful dinner, and excellent performance of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and Great friends"
- " We had a wonderful, relazing and stress free weekend. We enjoyed Nappanee hospitality everywhere we went."
For Reservations Call (574) 773-2011
See details below...
This Package Includes
* 2 nights lodging in a Country Double Room (upgrade available for King Whirlpool) at The Inn at Amish Acres
* Theme Dinner at Amish Acres
* 1 Lunch at Amish Acres
* Threshers Dinner at Amish Acres
* Expanded Continental Breakfast every morning
* Local Shops and the shops at Amish Acres will offer discounts and door prizes
* Workshops * Tours and Films * Shopping coupons valued at $50
* Tickets to the Round Barn Theatre
From $199 per person
|Occupancy||A Quad||B Triple||C Double||D Single|
The Inn at Amish Acres
Two Double Beds
King Size Whirlpool Room
The Inn at Amish Acres (two double beds) $199 per person, quad occupancy,
$219 per person, triple occupancy, $249 per person, double occupancy,
$379 per person, single occupancy.
$25 per person deposit required
7 day notice of cancellation required
Deadline to book: October 10, 2014
Subject to availability and dates and itinerary may be changed or event cancelled without notice, but with full refund. $25 non-refundable deposit due with reservation by October 14, 2014.
Girls under 21 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Group discounts: One Girl Friend registers 5 ladies or more receives $5.00 off each registration.
FALL HARVEST DAYS AT AMISH ACRES
Harvest Market, Pumpkin Patch and Scarecrow Reunion
Filled with Apple Cider, Apple Butter, Apple Dumplings, Apple Turnovers, Apple Cake, Apple Pandowdy, Apple Crisp, Bittersweet, Indian Corn, Pumpkin Patch, Mums, and Gourds. Take a farm wagon ride to the pumpkin patch and pick your own. Vote for your Scariest Scarecrow. More...
Amish Acres Shops
The Greeting Barn, W.H. Best & Sons Meat Market, The Stone House Christmas Shop, The Fudgery & Soda Shop, Amish Acres Bakery, and The Brick Forge Garden Shop
These selected shops are owner operated and many span generations with the oldest continuously operated Jewelry store in Indiana, several third generation family merchants and numerous youngsters filling newly developing markets. They include
Antiques on the Square, Everlasting's, Fred’s Flowers, Graber Flooring Studio, Homestyle Furniture Shop, John’s Butcher Shop, Main Street Coffee House, Martin’s Hardware, Metzler Shoes, Nappanee Fitness Center, Newcomer Jewelry, Pages & Ivy, The Nappanee Center and Your Flower Shop.
(Example Itinerary from 2014, not yet updated for 2015)
October 17, 2014
- 10:00am – 5:00pm- Check in and Welcome reception in the Geranium Room, The Inn at Amish Acres
- Shopping and exploring The Shops at Amish Acres and Downtown Nappanee (Discounts and Door Prizes at all locations, look for the red, orange, and gold balloons tied to pumpkins welcoming you at each front door)
- 5:30pm – 6:00pm Wine & Cheese Reception, Barn Loft Grill
- 6:00pm- Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat Theme Buffet, Barn Loft Grill in the Restaurant
- 8:00pm- Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat The Round Barn Theatre
- 10:30pm- Milk & Cookies and a round of Bingo in your pajamas. The Geranium Room, The Inn at Amish Acres.
October 18, 2014
- 8:00am – 9:00am- Breakfast The Inn at Amish Acres
- 9:00am- Shopping Downtown Nappanee
- 12:30pm- Lunch in Amish Acres Restaurant Barn
- 2:00pm - 4:00pm- Amish Acres Guided House & Farm Tours (also available Sunday)
- 4:00pm- Amish Acres Shopping and Free Time
- 6:30pm- Threshers Dinner
- 8:00pm - Campfire with S'Mores in the Courtyard at Amish Acres
- 9:00pm- Conley & Schmidt Bluegrass Musical entertainment, Locke Township Meeting House located in the Greeting Barn
- 10:00pm- Door Prize Giveaway, Milk & Cookies and a round of Bingo in your pajamas in the Geranium Room at the Inn at Amish Acres
October 19, 2014
- 8:00am - 9:00am- Breakfast, The Inn at Amish Acres
- 11:00am -2:00pm- Late Check-out, The Inn at Amish Acres
- 11:00am - 5:00pm- Amish Acres Threshers Dinner ($2.00 discount)
- 11:00am - 3:00pm- Amish Acres Guided Tours
- 11:00pm -5:00pm- Shopping at Amish Acres Courtyard Shops
(An example of the participating shops from 2014, not yet updated for 2015)
Over twenty unique and quaint downtown shops will welcome you with specials, discounts, and door prizes. Look for the Red, Orange, and Gold Balloons tied to pumpkins at each front door. Door prizes to be drawn October 26 to allow for return visitors to register at stores girl friends missed during the weekend.
Grand Door Prize Four Season Tickets to The Round Barn Theatre 2015 Season valued at $100--Winner Announced: Virginia Churchward from Fort Wayne
Antiques on the Square
Dean and Sally Guard
106 South Main Street (574) 773-5770
10–5 Friday and Saturday, 12-4 Sunday
- 10% off store wide
- Door Prize "Fenton" Piece
Downtown Design & Consign
101 S. Main St (574)773-9200 Downtowndesignandconsign.com
10-5 Friday and 9-5 Saturday, Closed Sunday
- 10% off Store wide
- Door Prize
E Newcomer& Sons Jewelers
107 South Main Street (574)773-3241 email@example.com
9-6 Friday and 9-5 Saturday, Closed Sunday
- 20% anything in the store
- Door Prize Valued at $180
John’s Butcher Shop
158 N. Main Street (574)773-4632
7-5:30 Friday and 7-5 Saturday, Closed Sunday
- 10% off purchase of $20 or more
- Door Prize: Hometown Gift Box
251 E. Market Street (574)773-0100 firstname.lastname@example.org
10-5 Friday and 10-4 Saturday, Closed Sunday
- 15% off purchase of $50 or more
- Door Prize: Scarf
Main Street Roasters
105 N. Main Street (574)773-5333
6:30am-10pm Friday and 8am-8pm Saturday, Closed Sunday
- 10% off 1lb. Coffee
- Door Prize: Gift Basket Valued at $20
111 S. Main Street (574)773-7100 email@example.com
10-5 Friday and Saturday, Closed Sunday
- 15% off any purchase over $100
- Door Prize
The Nappanee Center
306 W. Market Street
Nappanee Public Library
Visit the Circulation Desk (Pam)
154 N. Main Street (574)773-7919
9-5:30 Friday and 9-5 Saturday, Closed Sunday
- Door Prize: CD
Amish Acres Bakery
- Spend $25 and receive a free pint of Apple Butter
- Door Prize: Comfort Food Basket
Amish Acres Restaurant
- Door Prize: Kitchen Gadget Basket
Fall Harvest Market
- Door Prize: Gift Basket
Fudgery & Soda Fountain
- Buy 4 pieces of fudge, receive 2 pieces free
- Door Prize: Fudge Sampler a $14.95 value
The Greeting Barn Shop and Loft
- Spend $40 and receive $10 in additional gift purchases for free (excludes consignment and food items)
- Door Prize: Cake Tester Brooms
The Inn at Amish Acres
- Door Prize: All Inclusive Getaway for 2 during the 2015 Season *Black out dates apply
W.H. Best Meat & Cheese
- Buy 3 jellies, get one free of equal or lesser value
- Door Prize: Gift Basket